The Other Stuff
- All river activities are risk sports - both known and unknown dangers. There are NO lifeguards or safety personnel on the river.
- All participants will be required to read and sign our liability waiver and assumption of risk form.
- All participants under the age of eighteen must have a parent or guardian sign the liability waiver and assumption of risk form.
- For your protection, three is the maximum number of people per canoe, one person per solo kayak, two people per tandem kayak, one person per tube, four people in 4-man rafts and six people in 6-man rafts.
- We do not allow flip-flops on any river trip. All guests must wear either shoes, water shoes or sandals with a heal strap.
- We operate rain or shine - no refunds due to rain on the day of your trip.
- Reservation cancellations 72 hours prior to the reservation date - no charge. Cancellations within the 72 hour period - 50% of the rental fee will be charged. Cancellation or no-show the day of the trip - 100% of the rental will be charged.
ALCOHOL AND WATERSPORTS DON'T MIX - SAVE THE PARTY FOR AFTER THE RIVER TRIP!
- Anyone under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol is subject to arrest by state and local authorities.
- Front Royal Canoe & Kayak reserves the right to refuse service to anyone we feel is unfit to participate in the river activities being offered.
- Please arrive early. Late arrivals risk delayed shuttle service.
- After you arrive at our office, be sure to observe all of the posted conditions:
- weather forecast
- river temperature
- river level
- paddling conditions
- watercraft return time
- Come prepared to experience all the wonderful sights and sounds of Nature in the beautiful Shenandoah River Valley - for this reason we request that you leave the radios (boom boxes) at home.